Project Child Success is a grassroots initiative aimed at making Pierce County, Washington a child centered community. Organizations and individuals from all walks of life, come together to achieve the vision that all children thrive in nurturing relationships and environments. Together, we are cultivating community action that strengthens Pierce County families.
To us, a child centered community is one where children and families have:
But what does it mean to be a child centered in each of these areas? Let’s say you were scooped up and put in the most child centered community in the universe. What do you see? What do you notice? Explore how community partners answered those questions by clicking on the icons above. Then take a moment and submit your own ideas.
Working Together In Action
Building a child centered community takes time, talent, and an organized structure. Project Child Success partners work together to accomplish the following:
- Network – We gather regularly to share, learn, discuss, and dream.
- Learn – We educate ourselves, and the community, through trainings, workshops, and skill building activities.
- Research and Data – We collect and analyze data, to learn about children and families and design solutions.
- Community Projects – We work collectively on projects that directly impact children and families.
- Advocacy and Public Policy – We fight for systems and policies that support children and families.
The Role of First 5 FUNdamentals
First 5 FUNdamentals (F5F) is a non-profit organization whose mission is to mobilize and inspire the community to achieve its collective goals for children and families. To that end, F5F supports Project Child Success through staffing, leadership, communication, and fiscal agency.